- #social2021, exhibition at CICA Museum, South Korea - October, 2021 (upcoming)
- Car Show, Incurable Caravan, Virginia/Online - 2021 (upcoming)
- SloMoCo residency at Motion Computing, Summer, 2021
- Transmedia Inclusivity + Accessibility in Virtual & Mixed Reality, part of the Show Don't Tell Symposium at Culture Push, New York/Online - June, 2021
- iDMAa: Broken Media Conference, Winona State University - June, 2021
- New Media Caucus Showcase, CAA Conference - February, 2021
- Reports, exhibition at The Flowchart Foundation, Hudson - December, 2020
- Accumulations.online, curated online exhibition and listserve conversation on -empyre- soft skinned space/Cornell University - December, 2020
- FutureReady, online exhibition at The Anchorage Museum of Art, Anchorage - October, 2020
I am an artist, educator and organizer based in NYC. My work in game making, creative computing, performance and video explores how media platforms shape contemporary experiences of trust and solidarity. I often work with artist and non-artist collaborators to explore fragile relations of power between performers, viewers and members of communities.
I have presented work at BRIC Arts and Media House, The Bronx Museum, The Drawing Center, The Queens Museum, The ICA (London), The Tetley (Leeds), Oxford University (Oxford) and other venues.
I curate and organize public art programs that address how media shapes social experience such as the performance of gender and free speech. Programs and events have been held at Cornell University/-empyre- soft skinned space, Humber Street Gallery (Hull), The Tetley (Leeds), Sculpture Center, The Public School, Exit Art and elsewhere. I earned my MFA at Goldsmiths, London and I am currently lecturer in New Media Art at SUNY Purchase and Baruch College, CUNY.
See my cv here.
contact me at danielp73 at gmail dot com