- Workshop at SLSA (Society for Literature Science and the Arts) Conference, Arizona State University, October 2023
- Talk at Digitally Engaged Learning conference, University of the Arts, London and Parsons, New York , September 2023
- Wild Media: Wired Wilderness, exhibition hosted by idMAA / Center for Digital Narrative, Summer/Fall, 2023
- Talk at (in)formal (in)formarions symposium, Center for Concrete and Abstract Machines / New Inc, NYC , July 2023
- NSF-funded REU at the Visualization and Virtual Reality Lab, Hunter College, CUNY, Summer, 2023
- Workshop presentation at HASTAC, Pratt Institute, June, 2023
- MetaPhoto, New Media Caucus Header/Footer Gallery, January, 2023
- The HTML Review, Spring 2023 issue
- 17th Biennial Symposium for Arts and Technology, Workshop and exhibition, Ammerman Center, Connecticut College, November 2022
- SLSA (Society for Literature Science and the Arts) Conference, Exhibition and workshop, Purdue University, October 2022
- Museums Without Walls Conference and Exhibition, Museu Sem Paredes, July/August 2022
- iDMAa: Weird Media Conference, Winona State University - June, 2022
- Connected Life Conference and Exhibition, Oxford University, June 2022
- Domestic Logic - Home as a Site of Knowledge Production Conference, The New School, New York - April, 2022
- Car Show, Incurable Caravan, Virginia/Online - 2022
- On Media Signals and Connections, Loosen Art, Rome - December, 2021
- #social2021, exhibition at CICA Museum, South Korea - October, 2021
- Society for Language, Science and the Arts Conference, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor - October, 2021
- SloMoCo residency at Motion Computing, Summer and Fall, 2021
- Transmedia Inclusivity + Accessibility in Virtual & Mixed Reality, part of the Show Don't Tell Symposium at Culture Push, New York/Online - June, 2021
- iDMAa: Broken Media Conference, Winona State University - June, 2021
- New Media Caucus Showcase, CAA Conference - February, 2021
- Reports, exhibition at The Flowchart Foundation, Hudson - December, 2020
- Accumulations.online, curated online exhibition and listserve conversation on -empyre- soft skinned space/Cornell University - December, 2020
- FutureReady, online exhibition at The Anchorage Museum of Art, Anchorage - October, 2020
I am an artist, educator and organizer based in NYC. My work in game making, creative computing, performance and video explores how media platforms shape contemporary experiences of trust and solidarity. I often work with artist and non-artist collaborators to explore fragile relations of power between performers, viewers and members of communities.
I have presented work at BRIC Arts and Media House, The Bronx Museum, The Drawing Center, The Queens Museum, The ICA (London), The Tetley (Leeds), Oxford University (Oxford) and other venues.
I curate and organize public art programs that address how media shapes social experience such as the performance of gender and free speech. Programs and events have been held at Cornell University/-empyre- soft skinned space, Humber Street Gallery (Hull), The Tetley (Leeds), Sculpture Center, The Public School, Exit Art and elsewhere. I earned my MFA at Goldsmiths, London and teach in the Digital Studies department at Stockton University as a Visiting Assistant Professor.
See my cv here.
contact me at danielp73 at gmail dot com